How to Register for Italy:
May 4 – 11, 2018 or May 14 – 21, 2018
Register Now for The Quiet Garden: Italy 2018
You have read all the web pages and YES, you want to come with us! Lovely.
You Get :
• Seven nights in a 13th Century watchtower, converted into a convent and then a farmhouse villa, north of Rome, near Viterbo.
• Private room with private ‘en suite’ bathroom, with shower.
• Guided art meditation with the group each morning and each evening. No art experience necessary. All art materials and a personal art journal will be supplied.
• All transportation and entry fees for activities during the retreat from the time we pick you up in Rome to when we return you at the end of the week.
• Relaxed time for private reflection, meditation, journaling, and sketching in the gardens.
• Dinner prepared for us personally in the villa kitchen each evening.
• Breakfast prepared to order each morning before we leave to visit the gardens.
• Food provided to prepare a lunch to take to the gardens each day. (Restaurant lunch, if desired, is not included.)
• Small group – limit is six to eight women per retreat.
• Personal time at the villa to do art, nap, read, journal, walk in the neighborhood, feed treats to the horses, donkeys or farm dog, visit the Etruscan archeology dig or the ancient springs on the farm, etc.
• One or more visits to Bulicame, a wild spa mentioned in Dante’s Inferno, and also in 100 Places in Italy Every Woman Should Go.
• Transfers from and to the Rome airport or main railroad station to villa. Those coming from other destinations can be picked up at the Orte train station between Rome and Florence.
• Recommendations for movies, books, journaling and art practices, packing, etc. before the trip.
• Private email list to share questions, suggestions and get to know the members of the group before arriving at the Villa. You might choose to travel together before or after the retreat.
• Suggestions of where to stay in Rome for a few days before the retreat to overcome jet lag and spend time in the Eternal City.
• Friendships that outlast your retreat experience.
What is not included?
• Round trip airfare from your home to Rome, Italy.
• Traveler’s Insurance (highly recommended for peace of mind in case of illness, injury, lost luggage, etc.)
• Hotels, food and travel before and after the seven day retreat. We recommend you arrive in Italy at least a few days before the retreat to get over jet lag and see Rome (or possibly Florence). Travel after the retreat is at your discretion. This is a great time to travel with friends or spouse to see other parts of Italy or Europe.
What is the cost for either retreat?
$3995 per person with private room and ‘en suite’ bathroom for May 2018.
Be aware that we might be sold out before this date.
Contact Barbara for the early bird discount before October 31, 2017!
Contact Linda using the form at the bottom of this page to hold your place with a non-refundable deposit of $995.
Discount for two in a room: There are two rooms available with two beds. If you have a close friend or family member with whom you want to share a room, there will be a $500 discount for the second person in the room. This option is available by request, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Reserving a particular room: The order that the deposits are received will determine the order for choosing rooms in our medieval tower villa. The higher floor has better views but also more steps then the lower bedroom floor. All bedrooms require climbing at least one flight of stairs.
Deposit and Payments: The deposit holds your room but not the rate. If you would like a payment plan of three or more payments, there is a 16% charge for administrative costs. Email us and we can talk about the details. All payments must be complete before April 1, 2018 in order to attend either retreat.
Cancellation and refund policy:
Please note that registrations and deposits are transferable if you are not able to attend the retreat. We highly recommend traveler’s insurance which will cover you for illness or death in your immediate family that might prevent you from attending the retreat.
We do not offer fee reductions for late arrivals, early departures, or missed meals, whether from flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. We are so sorry but your deposit ($995) is non-refundable if you cancel.
Travel Insurance: There are many travel insurance options and coverage is usually for lost luggage, illness and death in the family. Your travel agent or airline might have suggestions. TRAVELGUARD, which offers a variety of travel insurances, includes an option for a comprehensive “cancel for any reason” policy. If you cancel your retreat – for any reason – your airfare, hotel, retreat costs, etc. up until 48 hours prior to travel, will be covered. Please contact Travelguard to verify details of their policies before purchase of airline tickets or incurring any costs for any part of your travel since there are certain timelines that must be followed to qualify. It is also possible to only insure your airline tickets so check with the company for more options.